GL Noble Denton offers world-class services enhancing the safety, integrity, reliability and performance of our clients' assets in the oil & gas industry. We develop and deliver innovative solutions throughout the asset lifecycle from conceptual design to asset decommissioning; provide a challenging, diverse and rewarding environment for our employees. To support our ambitious growth plans we seek the talented individuals who share our determination to be the very best.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, you will be responsible for providing corrosion and metallurgical expertise in identified failure modes and failure mechanisms.
Key accountabilities will include:-
- Providing metallurgical, materials, corrosion engineering support to Asset Integrity Management Team.
- Applying knowledge of engineering principles in areas of assignment and related fields.
- Participating in the development of Risk Based Inspection Maintenance methodologies and review of Corrosion Control Matrices and key performance indicators.
- Directing corrosion monitoring program and assisting in reviewing and developing integrity management strategies.
- Setting goals and priorities for inspection program inclusive NDE (non destructive examination) contractor.
- Identifying major deterioration threats and ensure integrity limitations are addressed
- Assisting in management and implementation of Corrosion Control Strategy
- Reviewing chemical injection and cathodes protection systems, corrosion / inspection data and recommend changes or suitable mitigation techniques
- Assisting in failure investigation
To be successful in this role, and our business, you will need to demonstrate the following qualification, professional expertise and personal attributes:
Technical / Professional Expertise
- Practical and in-depth knowledge of deterioration Modes and Mechanisms, Cathodes Protection Systems, Facility Operations & Maintenance Methodologies, Risk Based Inspection experience and a working knowledge of non-destructive testing techniques.
- Significant experience in a relevant industry.
- At least Degree in Materials or Corrosion Engineering or its equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Technical & commercial confidence and credibility - Demonstrates good technical and commercial understanding. Is able to effectively interpret market knowledge in relation to products, customers and service.
- Influencing - Presents engaging arguments to lead and motivate others to achieve excellent results.
- Right First Time Delivery - Is highly resilient, works with pace, focus and optimism to overcome obstacles & deliver commercial solutions. Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Integrated Working - Collaborates effectively across internal departments and globally with GL to achieve swift and co-ordinated delivery of results.
- A flare for business development - Able to readily convert customer requirements into a proposed solution.
- Good influencing and management skills - ability to convince the team of best practice and how to work with key clients.
- Self motivated with ability to plan and prioritise own workload in line with personal and team objectives/targets.
- Demonstrable credibility with customers / accounts and internal stakeholders.
- Project management skills - ability to proactively plan and co-ordinate key activities.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to write clear and concise reports/documents.
If you enjoy the challenge of working on highly-complex projects and want to work alongside other industry experts, delivering real value to our clients and our business, then this is the role for you