GL Noble Denton offers world-class services enhancing the safety, integrity, reliability and performance of our clients' assets in the oil & gas industry. We develop and deliver innovative solutions throughout the asset lifecycle from conceptual design to asset decommissioning; provide a challenging, diverse and rewarding environment for our employees. To support our ambitious growth plans we seek the talented individuals who share our determination to be the very best.
The GL Noble Denton Competency Center is responsible for a complex process of taking a client's base design (concept) and bringing it to life, customizing and ensuring that the project is feasible and built to specification. With a hands on approach and/or project management role, the process from feasibility stage through to delivery to the client is taken on by a wide range of highly skilled multi-disciplined engineers ensuring the client's interests are upheld at all times.
Working with the industry experts, this is a unique opportunity to develop and deploy our excellent services within basic design, detailed engineering and procurement support services for marine and offshore facilities and marine operations management.
Joining a team of Naval Architects you will have overall responsibility for design deliverables ensuring technical quality and client satisfaction:
Key accountabilities include:
- Feasibility studies, concept design, basic design and detailed design of ships, barges, jack ups and other offshore structures
- Carry mooring analysis, motion analysis, transportation analysis, strength and stability of vessels, sea fastening design, vessel selection, station keeping, resistance and propulsion of vessels, equipment foundation designs etc.
- Undertake inclining experiments and deadweight surveys
- Review and approval of marine operations procedure for load out, installations etc.
- Provide guidance / training to Naval Architects as required.
To be successful in this role, and our business, you will need to demonstrate the following qualification, professional expertise and personal attributes:
Technical / Professional Expertise
- B.Sc. Naval Architect or equivalent. Relevant Masters Degree is an advantage
- Chartered Engineer Status is highly desirable
- Strong practical experience in Naval Architecture from the Oil & Gas industry
- Substantial experience in design and specification of Marine and jack up vessels (FEED & Detailed Design).
- In depth knowledge of all relevant Naval Architectural and structural codes including DNV, AISC, SNAME, API, etc.
- Knowledge of SACS, MOSES, ABAQUS, SESAME, AVEVA MARINE, STABCAD, NAPA etc.
- Results orientated and takes personal ownership for achieving targets/objectives.
- Thrives in a high-pressured, deadline-driven environment whilst maintaining focus on quality with attention to detail.
- Embraces new ideas, and ways of working with the ability to flex own style to influence and gain commitment of multiple stakeholders
- Excellent leadership skills, including coaching. Motivates and develops trust with colleagues.
- Organized and proactive; able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills- effectively able to convey information and ideas.
- Good influencing and management skills with multi cultural awareness.
If you enjoy the challenge of leading highly-complex projects and want to work alongside other industry experts, delivering real value to our clients and our business, then this is the role for you.